Graduate Electrical Power Engineer of the Year Award
This national award recognises a professional engineer who has demonstrated significant achievements in electrical power engineering during the preceding six years. Contributions to the community are also valued.
This annual award is an example of an effective partnership between Engineers Australia and industry. NHP, the major sponsor of this award, Engineers Australia Electrical College Board and the Electric Energy Society of Australia (EESA) jointly developed the initiative, to encourage young Australians to develop a career in electrical power engineering, and also to reward outstanding achievements.
The winner receives:
- an all expenses paid trip to Europe to attend an electrical energy fair/conference;
- a framed certificate from the Electrical College;
- one year's membership of Engineers Australia and the Electric Energy Society Australia (EESA); and
- free registration to the annual EESA Conference of that year.
The winner also visits major international electrical product manufacturing plants.
For a list of the past winner of this award click here.
EESA is pleased to announce the EESA Linkedin group. This professional networking group has been created to add value to EESA membership as an active online discussion forum. You must be an EESA member to join the group and all members are encouraged to participate.
Follow the three easy steps to join:
1. Apply to join as an individual with Linkedin (set the privacy levels that you prefer - there are strong anti-spam rules and you need to know someone before you can contact them directly) www.linkedin.com
2. Join the "EESA (Electric Energy Society of Australia)" Linkedin Group (providing your EESA membership number via the message text assists with the approval process).
3. Participate in the Q&A technical discussion - we look forward to you posting a topic!